BOTOX APPOINTMENT – WHAT TO EXPECT
Botox Pre Treatment Guidelines:
In order to minimize the chances of swelling and bruising post treatment we recommend Avoiding the following for 24 – 48 hours:
•Over the counter anti inflammatory or blood thinning medications or supplements i.e. Advil, Aleeve, Motrin, •Naproxen (If not prescribed).
•Non essential multivitamins including Vitamin E.
•Garlic, Gingko, Ginseng, Omega 3/Fish Oils, St. John’s Wort.
•Please avoid having any skin resurfacing procedures on your face 2 weeks prior to your injection appointment. i.e. Chemical peels, microneedling, lasers, etc..
• Please ensure you are not pregnant or breastfeeding as we will not be able to treat you at this time.
We highly recommend arriving at your appointment fully nourished and hydrated.
Botox Post Procedure Guidelines:
- Results can take 4-7 days to be seen, full effect is seen at 14 days.
- Please remain upright (do not lay down, do not bend over) for 4 hours post procedure and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid any vigorous activity or activity that would cause you to be hot and sweaty the day of the procedure.
- Do not receive any skin resurfacing procedures to your face for 2 weeks following injections ie. Microdermabrasion, laser, facials, chemical peels, micro needling etc.
- Avoid applying make up for 24 hours