What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a skin treatment that uses a specialized blade to remove dead skin and hairs. The procedure aims to give facial skin a smooth, youthful, and radiant appearance.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Promotes smoother skin
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Instant results and no downtime
How often do I need dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is usually performed every four weeks. It is good to have the skin complete its normal rejuvenation cycle, which is thirty days, before going back and having the treatment done.
Can I have botox or fillers the same day as dermaplaning?
We require clients to wait a minimum of 2 weeks between treatments for best results.
Will the hairs grow back thicker on my face?
No. It is physiologically impossible for your vellus hairs to grow back thicker. True, once the hair is cut, it has a blunt edge but this blunt edge does not mean that the hair structure itself has actually been altered.
Dermaplaning Aftercare Tips
- Ensure you are fully protected with SPF 30 or higher daily and avoid direct sunlight for at least one week.
- The night of your treatment rinse your skin gently with warm warm and a gentle cleanser only. You can apply a light moisturizer as well.
- Avoid hot tubs, heat, saunas, steam rooms, tanning beds, pools and direct sun exposure for 48-72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid harsh cleansers, washcloths, scrubs or loofahs for 48 hours following your treatment.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Resume using AHA/BHAs or Retinol 3 days after treatment.
- Resume regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment.
- DO NOT rub, pick or pull your skin as scarring may result.
- Do not have any other facial treatments.